Thanks to the Bolton Evening News for their festive coverage!
Take a look at http://www.tlc-ltd.co.uk/wp-admin/post-new.php for top tips and TLC advice on making Christmas party planning simpler, stylish and right on trend!
Some exclusive photos on this piece from The Cheshire Magazine. A fabulous star-studded charity event that we were proud to support.
Thanks to The Cheshire Magazine for some gorgeous coverage of the Manchester United Foundation Ladies Lunch!
When your manager asks you to organise a party for your work colleagues, everyone assumes it will be the most exciting job in the world and that you’ll be off visiting glamorous venues and sampling delicious menus – what they don’t realise is just how stressful and time consuming the whole process can be….
Before deciding to organise your event yourself, you have to consider the following:
– Will your workload suffer? Finding a venue, deciding on a menu, choosing the entertainment, sending out invitations and budgeting can be very time consuming – is your line manager happy for you to be out of the office looking at potential venues or are you expected to do this out of office time?
– Can you budget? If you have been given a fixed budget, make sure that you keep to it! Be organised from Day One, with a detailed spreadsheet of any costs and don’t spend everything – there may be hidden charges that you haven’t accounted for after the event – such as clean-up costs. Prepare yourself and hold at least 10% of your budget back – you don’t want any surprises after the event.
– Are you a good negotiator? To get the most value for money, you have to be able to negotiate with all of your suppliers – so do this with confidence, chances are that if they do a good job, you’ll choose them for your next event.- Do you have a clear idea of what kind of event your employers want? Get a clear, agreed brief, make sure that they have realistic expectations as to what you can deliver for the amount budgeted.-
Are you an ‘attention to detail ‘ kind of person? For a Christmas party for example, you will have to think of everything – not just decor, food, drink and entertainment but transport and possibly accommodation – phew!If this all sounds too stressful, there is an alternative option that will lighten your workload.
– An established events company will be able to talk through with you all of your requirements, ensuring a great client relationship which will then enable you to deliver a stress-free, on budget, bespoke event. At TLC we are fortunate that with over 25 years of organising events, we have a vast amount of experience on our side and have worked with hundreds of clients, in a huge variety of venues successfully delivering exactly what they want.
– Our knowledge of venues, food and entertainment is based on a tried-and-tested policy, so we can confidently provide a tailor-made experience for both intimate dinners and spectacular parties.
– A good event organiser also has vision – we know what works and what doesn’t work in a venue and will advise on all aspects such as room layout, decor and sound – choose to ignore us at your peril!
– As we have excellent relationships with our suppliers we are often able to offer additional services, for example bespoke audio visuals or great ‘talking point’ entertainment such as prize-winning mixologists or living bars.
– All-in-all, hiring an event management company can make the prospect of organising an event a thoroughly enjoyable experience for everyone – including you!